Once Around the Sun – Volume 4
Once Around the Sun is a collection of 365 miniature guitar pieces of mostly 1.5-4 minutes duration, offering a genuine musical diversity in style and genre across a range of technical requirements and compositional strategies. Each is idea-based with development taking various shapes and trajectories. Click here to download a collection of free samples.
Form and development are often easily identifiable as using traditional approaches or having an improvisatory or through-composed nature. The majority of the pieces are suited to professional and intermediate guitarists. The collection presents a stylistic range across the musical spectrum including the following:
- Contemporary art music approaches
- Traditionally styled guitar pieces
- Spanish and Latin American character pieces, including Flamenco
- Popular styles including Jazz, Blues and Fusion music
- Culturally derived/inspired music
- Works requiring a reverberant performance space
- Character music of broader use in such as film or meditative ambiences
- Studies of varied interests and technical challenge
- Music in the “Guitar Chant” style
This collection is valuable to both performers and teachers as every piece explores an identifiable technique, style, or aesthetic.